Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I'm already in spring mode and I've been cleaning my house with all the enthusiasm of a bulldog chowing down on a porkchop! My new favorite pasttime (I know this will sound pathetic.) is vacuuming. I'll soon convert you too! Just drop 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oil onto the outside of the vacuum cleaner bag. Now every time you vacuum, instead of that horrid "vacuum cleaner funk" smell, you'll be treated to a delicious extravaganza for the senses! I currently have lemongrass oil on mine and it's pure heaven! If you have a bagless vacuum, I've heard that you can place a drop of essential oil on the vent, but I've not tried this method.

I've also discovered that instead of buying those Swiffer type refill pads for my mop, I can make my own reusable ones from old towels. After mopping, just toss it in the washing machine! This method is free, allows me to use my old rags, and is better for the environment. What's not to love? And the best part of all is that it requires no sewing. Here's a step by step guide:
  • Pin a refill pad onto an old towel or rag to use as a template
  • Cut around the pad
  • Clip onto your mop- you're done! (It resembles a diaper doesn't it?)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this idea Emily!! I clean houses and go through swiffer stuff a lot. I'm so going to try this!