Friday, March 5, 2010

Number 4 of My Top 5!!

When it comes to storage and gift giving I'll put all of my eggs in one basket! Baskets are a classy way to dress up a gift or to hide clutter.
The trunk-sized basket pictured here cost me $2 at a yard sale and now hides my toilet paper and towels.

Here are some of my favorite uses for these tried and true gems:
• Organize your pantry by storing smaller items in baskets. Now all of your oatmeal packets, granola bars, and seasoning packets are in one place.
• Utilize dead spaces by incorporating baskets. In my small house, space is at a premium! Here are some areas that I utilize baskets for storage:
 * Under a coffee table
 * On changing table shelves
 * Toy storage
 * In the bathroom for holding toilet paper and magazines
 * In the closet for storing belts, scarves, gloves, and hats.
 * Onion and potato storage
• Baskets are also perfect for gift-giving. Here are a few ways I’ve used them:
• For out of town guests at our wedding, we purchased lined baskets and filled them with snacks, bottled water, maps, and entertainment guides. Each guest received a basket when they checked in at their hotel.
• Fill with homemade muffins and jam to welcome a new neighbor.
• Give a fun "date at home" basket as a couple's gift. Tuck in a DVD, microwave popcorn bags,   movie candy, and a fun bottled drink.

Get creative- the possibilities are endless!

These baskets hold diapers, wipes, crib sheets, and pajamas.

No comments: