- Egg beaters 1/4 cup = 1 egg
- Buttermilk= 1 Tablespoon vinegar + enough milk to make one cup. Let stand 5 min.
- Plain yogurt for sour cream
- Broth and wine can be substituted for each other in recipes
- 1Tbs. cornstarch=2 Tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. Allspice = 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ginger, and 1/4 tsp. cloves
- Cracker crumbs or panko can replace bread crumbs
- 1 cup of chicken broth= 1 cup of water + 1 bullion cube
- 1 ounce uunsweetened chocolate= 3 Tbs. baking cocoa + 1 Tbs. shortening or oil
- Cool Whip can replace whipped cream
- 1 (.25oz) packet of yeast= 2 1/2 tsp. dry active yeast
These cookies are so easy, yet look and taste like a fussy recipe. They are reminescent of an Almond Joy candy bar. Holy moley are these good!! Did I just drool? Yep. I think I fried the keyboard...
Chocolate and Almond Macaroons
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 (14oz.) package sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/8 tsp. salt
14 whole almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer dark)
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto waxed or parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Press an almond into top of each cookie. (Dough will be very sticky)
- Bake at 350* for 15-17 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Microwave chocolate chips at high for 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring halfway. Transfer to a ziploc bag. Seal bag and snip off a corner and drizzle chocolate over cookies.