Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Golden Egg

This week's golden egg was a craigslist find. (If you are not familiar with craigslist, it is a free classified ad website. You can select your city and state on the website and browse local listings for just about anything. The website is http://www.craigslist.org/ .) I found a small bunch of cookbooks for sale for $5 total and I had been looking for one of the books in particular. The seller and I made arrangements to meet. She drove up in her black SUV and I arrived in my black SUV. She handed over the cookbooks and I coughed up the dough. "Awkward" you must be thinking! Actually not! The seller was a lovely lady named Shari and we ended up laughing together about how it looked like we were doing a drug deal when really we're just stay-at-home moms just trying to make and save a little money! Anyway, the five cookbooks were all in brand new condition and I think I'm going to enjoy all of them when I only was expecting to use just one. So Shari if you're reading this, thanks for providing the golden egg of the week. You made my day...and my dinner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Emily!! It was so great meeting you too and I'm so, so glad that you'll get good use out of the cookbooks! Love, love your blog and I'm off to become one of your followers! You should be very proud of yourself for doing this. BTW, GREAT pic of the books!! :-)