Monday, January 24, 2011

Instant Menu Board

You can create a custom menu board for very little dough! All you need is a tray or platter with a smooth surface, chalkboard paint, and a foam brush. Just paint the bottom of the tray with the chalkboard paint. That's it. No taping necessary. I bought the tray from a thrift store for $3, but you can probably find something cheaper. The chalkboard paint was $12 at Lowe's, but I didn't even put a dent in it and will be posting more this spring on more uses for it.

So here's what you need:

Here's what you get:

*Please excuse the chicken scratch handwriting. I discovered that the only chalk I had on hand was sidewalk chalk! Hopefully you can use your imagination on this one...

2 comments:

Meggen said...

I like this idea...I look forward to hearing/seeing your other uses for the chalkboard paint.

Anonymous said...

Really classy looking--I didn't even know you could buy chalkboard paint! Thanks for the idea.
Barbara