Thursday, January 20, 2011

Golden Egg

Hi folks! After several thrift store runs while visiting family last week, I acquired my golden egg at the last store. There I was, in the housewares section. I didn't need anything in particular and was browsing just for the fun of it. And there it was. A huge, gorgeous, white octagonal platter in the very same pattern as my dishes! Even better, it was in new condition and was only $2.98. Come to mama! I snatched it up and did a little victory jig. (I kid you not.) My dishes are antique, so it's very hard to find matching pieces. So far the only places I've found them are at yard sales and thrift stores. It pays to look around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! What's the pattern name? That way, if I ever run across any, I can snatch it up for you!

-Jennifer

Ellyson said...

Emily,
After chatting with you briefly after church today, I decided to once again check out your blog. You never cease to amaze me! You are so "savvy," and ever the organizational queen! I aspire to be like you! :) Thanks for all of your tips and wisdom...I'll be coming back for more!

Ellyson