Friday, April 16, 2010

Look out folks, yard sale season is upon us!

In the spring and summer months I live to “sale” as I call it. I know what you’re thinking: she drives a rusty pickup truck towing a ragged trailer with a bumper sticker that says “I brake for yard sales”. That’s ok, I take no offense. My motto is “let someone else pay for it”. Let someone else pay $75 for that cashmere sweater, but then decide that it was the wrong color before wearing it. I’ll happily take that brand new baby off your hands for a $1! Just because I buy my stuff from yard sales doesn’t mean I don’t have nice things. It actually means I have nicer things. For example, I love Pottery Barn but I don’t love their prices. (Although I confess, I have bought things from this store.) I can either shelve that taste for Pottery Barn, chalking it up as too expensive or I can just find it at a yard sale for exponentially less. I’ll take the latter, thank you very much! There’s nothing better than getting up at 6:30 on Saturday morning, and soldiering out, armed with your coffee and newspaper, quivering from the caffeine and excitement! Check out my detailed list of  hints for successful yardsaleing on the "Money Saving Tips" tab.

*Remember, most yard sales are on Saturday but some occur on Friday too. So get ready to go treasure hunting! (Can you tell I'm already excited?)

2 comments:

Lori said...

I know that I don't know you (although I think we are close in milage) and I would love to go out with you one Saturday! I have never had that type of excitement, that type of great find, or even someone who would likes to go to yardsales. I could even supply the caffeine!

Have a great weekend and I hope you find some great stuff!

Leonora said...

See you at the Troutville Town Park tomorrow!