Monday, April 26, 2010

Designer Duds

I have to say that when it comes to certain things, designer brands are truly a better fit for me. I've found that denim is no exception. Designer jeans fit better, last longer, and are more flattering on my frame. Darn, right? Well, my logic just might surprise you! (In a good way, that is.) When buying a pair of jeans, you have several choices.

Choice A:
Go to Banana Republic and pay $100 for a pair of jeans. (And look fabulous, by the way!)

Choice B:
Go to Wal-Mart and pay $25 for a pair of store brand jeans.

Choice C:
Go to the thrift store and pay $3.50 for a pair of Banana Republic jeans.

Now, most folks trying to save money would head over to Wal-Mart to get jeans and console themselves with the thought that they'd just saved money by paying $25 for a pair of jeans. After all, purchasing a $25 pair of jeans sure beats paying $100! But if you try looking at a thrift store for jeans instead, you can pay just a fraction of either price while still walking away with a fantastic product! I don't want you to think that I'm a clothing snob or that Wal-Mart jeans are inferior- that's not the point. I just happen to prefer designer jeans and thus go about getting them in a non-conventional way. So regardless of whether you are a Gap person or if  Wal-Mart jeans work for you, go get them at a thift store! I didn't add Choice D, which would be to get them even cheaper at a yard sale but this method works too. It's just that you probably won't be able to try them on and it'll take longer to find them. I used jeans as an example- you can do this with anything!

*Real life example: I snagged 3 pairs of jeans for $1.50 each last fall at a thrift store. They were practically new and were from Gap, Banana Republic, and White House Black Market. If I'd paid retail the total would have been $258 instead of $4.50!

No comments: