Thursday, April 8, 2010

Free Date Night


Here's a heads-up about a promotion that Kroger is advertising. I'm putting this up on the blog because you had to look closely at the ad to see it so it may have been unnoticed by some. Kroger is offering your choice of either 15 mp3 downloads, 15 ringtones, or a free movie ticket for every 10 participating items that you buy. The most inexpensive participating item on the list is Yoplait yogurt, which is on sale for $.50 per cup. So if you buy 10 yogurts ($5 unless you have a coupon), you get a free movie ticket. So it's like buying a movie ticket and 10 cups of yogurt for $5. Not a bad deal since movie tickets around here cost about $12 each! I bought enough products to earn 2 movie tickets, so we'll be able to go on a date for free. (And we'll have our fair share of yogurt for breakfast!) The register prints out a code that you redeem online and I haven't redeemed mine yet, but the customer service rep at the store said that if there is no participating theater in your area, the company will refund the price of the movie tickets to you. You can earn an unlimited amount of tickets. Not bad!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Terrific! So glad to hear about this :0)

Laura said...

I'm off to do the shopping later today. I wanted to check and see what you came up with before I left! :) I hope there is some yogurt left.

You are becoming a part of my weekly routine to saving money! Thanks for all the great ideas!