Monday, April 19, 2010

The Chocolate Egg

Here is the golden (chocolate) egg I alluded to last week: my wedding outfit. With an upcoming May wedding to attend, I set out last month in a quest to procure a nice dress. Expecting to pay a hefty $25.00 at the clothing discount store Ross, I was resigned to the fact that I'd just have to bite the bullet and pay. (Yes, I know a $25 dress seems cheap to most but I'm always pushing for a better deal!) I went directly to the clearance dress rack, fully expecting to wade through the usual suspects: garish frilly frocks that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing! And there it was. It was beautiful- a perfectly classic dress with no holes or deoderant marks. Here's the kicker: it was only $1.99! Under 2 dollars. This is not a typo, I repeat this is not a typo! Upon trying it on, it actually looked better than on the hanger and fit! So friends behold, I give you my wedding ensemble. (By the way, I asked the cashier if that tag was a mistake and offered to pay more, but she said it was correct. I happily complied.)


Dress: $1.99
Shoes: $1.50 (thrift store)
Necklace: $.50 (yard sale)
Belt (free-found it in my closet)
Total: $4.00
The thrill of the hunt: priceless!




Here's a picture of the tag for those skeptics out there!

4 comments:

Leonora said...

OMG! And you will look like a MILLION bucks.

Brandy said...

Of course you have to post a picture of yourself all dressed up in this cute outfit!

Lori said...

Very nice! What thrift store do you shop at?

Unknown said...

I got the shoes at a thrift shop in the Hampton Roads area while visiting family. Their thrift stores are cheaper than ours! Also Lori, you can email me at savvynest@gmail.com if you want to try out yardsaleing sometime! =)