Friday, April 29, 2011

Dog Breath

While you have spring cleaning on the brain, don't forget Fido. Give  your dog a real bone every month or so to clean his teeth. This is the easiest, cheapest, most natural way to clean teeth and your dog will love it too! I've been giving my dog bones for years and the vet always comments on how clean and plaque-free his teeth are. (Our dog is now 9 years old.) Another perk for your pup is that he doesn't have to be put under. Anesthesia is very hard on a dog's system and not to mention, costs a bundle! You can find bones in the frozen section of your grocery store. (A pack of 2 will set you back around $1.50.)
*Never give your dog chicken bones as they splinter and can cause major intestinal distress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's true! I was told by a vet that my dog needed an extensive tooth cleaning job ($300). After opting to wait on the cleaning, I tried giving him a cow bone (from my butcher). At his next appointment the dog was declared just fine and not in need of a cleaning after all!