Friday, April 22, 2011

Easy Easter Headband

As some of you may have guessed, I'm not a "fancy schmancy" kind of gal. I'm not into the stiff shiny shoes your kid only wears once or fancy hair bows so big they make baby's head wobbly! I was looking for something a little more special than the standard hair clip for my girl's Easter 'do, but not over-the-top. After fruitless hunting, I decided to make my own and I have to say it worked perfectly! (Unlike many of the projects that don't make it into this blog.) The beauty of this headband is that you can customize it to work with any outfit, it lies perfectly flat, and costs little to nothing. This one was free- I used old ribbon in my scrap box.

 Step 1:
Place ribbon around the noggin the way you want it to lie.
Cut ribbon so that the ends meet at the back of the noggin.
Cut 1" off of your cut and measured ribbon. (Can you tell I love the word "noggin"?)
Step 2:
Sew a small piece of elastic onto the ribbon, connecting the ends.

(This picture is actually backwards. The ends of the elastic go on the backside of the ribbon.)
Step 3:
Slip onto your critter's noggin and admire! The elastic makes it easy to put on and keeps it nice and comfortable. No headband headaches!

*This was so ridiculously easy. I think I'll go make a couple hundred. Maybe I'll patent my idea and make millions. I'm excited to make some for myself since I have a pea-sized noggin and nothing fits. I can't wait to have something pretty on my cranium too!
This is the final product. Of course, you should use matching thread (unlike my white on green here). The elastic part goes on the back of the head- you don't see it there because the hair covers it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great, and easy, idea!! Thanks!

-Jen

Anonymous said...

What an adorable idea!

I would love for you to come share this with my So Sweet Sundays link party, going on now until Wednesday evening! :)

morrowsunshine.blogspot.com