Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yard Sale Survival Kit

For many of you, yard sale season has officially begun. I'm happy for you, really. And I'm also a very, very deep shade of green! Can you tell it hasn't started where I am???? Anyway, here's what you need to stay ahead of the game: (Unless you are a man, in which case I would recommend ditching the purse...)

  • Purse: long strap allows you to jump in and out of the car without taking it off your shoulder. Unlike a change purse, it cannot be left behind if it is still riding on your shoulder. No, it doesn't win points for style, but your bargains will!
  • Calculator
  • Ibuprofen: for those headaches that come with the terrain.
  • Lollipops: if you have little critters in tow, these are a good idea.
  • List: keep a list of measurements for furniture and other items you are looking for either for you or for someone else.
  • Glasses/sunglasses: you need your eagles eyes to spot those deals.
  • Energy bar: keeps your blood sugar from tanking- the show must go on!
  • Mini-measuring tape: please tell me I don't have to explain this one...

*Not pictured:
Plenty of $1 bills, quarters, nickels and dimes
Your game face

**I will post more at a later date on techniques for getting the most for your moolah.



No comments: