Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring cleaning for everyone!

My daughter would often rather "help" me around the house than play with her toys. This can prove to be a challenge for me, especially when I'm cleaning. So if you're like me and you need a little breathing room while you work, this should do the trick. Give your child a rag or old washcloth and a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of essential oil. Designate the rag and bottle as theirs so they feel responsible for them. Now when you are cleaning, give them something to clean too. Some ideas include wiping down cabinet doors, baseboards, stove door fronts, or the floor. The essential oil not only smells great, but helps your little one to feel that they are really cleaning- not just playing with water. You may be surprised when your little one's play cleaning improves and you can even see results!

No comments: