Friday, March 4, 2011

Odd deals in odd places...

I enjoy keeping certain ingredients in my pantry that are fairly expensive. I can't bring myself to pay what the grocery stores are asking, so I just have to find it elsewhere. Here's a breakdown of where to find the items above:
  • All Bran cereal- Big Lots for $2.50 a box ($4.28 at the grocery store)
  • Pure vanilla extract- Big Lots $3.00 for a 7 oz. bottle ($12.00 grocery store)
  • 2 pack of children's toothbrushes- Dollar Tree $1.00 ($4.29 grocery store)
  • 14 oz. jar roasted red peppers- Dollar Tree $1.00 ($3.99 grocery store)
Total Grocery Store Price: $24.56
Big Lots/Dollar Tree Price: $7.50

*Big Lots does not always carry the same items, so these will vary from trip to trip. Dollar Tree always has the two things I bought in stock.

2 comments:

Rebekah Wolfe said...

What dollar store do you get you red peppers from?

Emily said...

The red peppers are from Dollar Tree!