Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mean Green Hand Cleanin' Goo

Hi everyone! I'm tired of paying $1for those little tiny bottles of hand sanitizer! Who's with me? I found a "recipe" for homemade "hand sani" as I call it. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and cheap it was! I made a larger sized bottle, and didn't even make a visible dent in my ingredients. I'm guessing it cost about 2-3 cents per bottle as opposed to $1 or more. Here's how you do it:

Mix equal parts of aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol (62% or higher) and add several drops of your favorite essential oil to your liking. That's it! I've chronicled my first attempt below. Please excuse my redneck label. I've never been known for my penmanship....


4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Looks great and stupid-easy...perfect for me. :) I'll have to try it as our big ol' bottle is getting low. I'm not crazy about it being green, but at least it's just aloe!

Becky said...

What a terrific idea!

Freddy's said...

I love this one..... when my bottle empties out, I'll make it. Where so you get essential oils?

Emily said...

You can find essential oils at most health food stores. I get mine at the Roanoke Natural Food Coop.