Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Here's a tip and it's no lemon!

I have a problem with cleaning my kitchen with chemicals. The thought of using a cleaning product with "Call poison control immediately if swallowed!" written on it anywhere near my food just feels wrong. You might as well ask your dinner guests if they'd like a side of ammonia! Well if you're with me, try out this easy chemical-free method.
1. Place a bowl or mug full of water and a slice or two of lemon in your microwave.
2. Turn it on high for 2 minutes.
3. Do not open the door. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
4. Wipe clean with a wet cloth.
The steam naturally loosens the stuck-on food and the lemon helps deoderize.
*I just want you all to know that I resisted cleaning my microwave for many weeks to obtain such a dramatic before and after shot!











No comments: