Thursday, June 3, 2010

Golden Egg O' The Week

Since the weekend is fast approaching and with it comes yard sales (Yay!), I thought I'd highlight a rule of thumb that really pays off. That rule is: shop around! Just because you're at a yardsale doesn't mean you should buy something. Also, don't buy something just because it's cheap, whether you need it or not. Last Saturday, I went to some great neighborhood yard sales and there were some tempting deals. But by remembering the rule "shop around", I was able to find some amazing deals on things I actually needed. I was in the hunt for clothes last week, and I saw many clothes for $1 apiece. I was rewarded for not buying these clothes by hitting a sale where clothes were just $.25 apiece! Buying only what you need is so satisfying- especially when you hold out for the best deal!

Here's the loot from last week. Total amount spent: $8.60!

Items include: 6 shirts, 1 fleece, 1 leather purse, 1 pair pajama shorts, 1 pair capris, 2 new soaker hoses, 1 humidifier (only used once), 2 skirts, 2 hats, and one pair of kid's skis.
        









1 comment:

Brandy said...

Awesome! I love a yard sale that has 25cent clothing!