Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fall Garden

I know, I know summer is still alive and kicking and here I am talking about fall! Now is the time to plant your fall garden. Just tuck the seeds in for now, water, and you'll thank me when you have plenty of tasty things to eat from your garden later. Here's a list of fall veggies to plant now: radishes, spinach, beets, carrots, turnips, lettuce, kale, collards, hanover, mustard greens, Swiss chard, and broccoli to name a few. Don't forget to plant your flower bulbs in another month or so too!
*I know this carrot guy is creepy, but I just couldn't resist!

2 comments:

colleen said...

Ailidh loves to help me pick carrots - she makes them "dance" by holding their "heads" (the carrot) and swishing their "dresses" (leaves). Then when she's ready for another she says "time for your head to come off!", twists the carrot off the leaves, and throws her baby in the bucket. It's a little creepy too.

Emily said...

Too funny, Colleen! =)