Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Think before you toss!

The next time something breaks, think twice before you throw it out. A quick email or better yet, phone call, to the company might yield big results. A friend recently shared that a washer broke on their neighbor's Moen kitchen sink. He called the company to order a new washer (which would have cost only a few dollars). The representative told him that Moen stood by the quality of their products and promptly sent him a brand new sink! I gave a pair of Keen sandals to my husband for Christmas. The shoes recently began coming apart around the straps, so I called the company. After filling out an online warrenty form, they sent an email to me with a promotional code worth $90 to spend on a new pair of Keens on their website. They did this even though the receipt I emailed reflected the sale price of $63 that I originally paid for the shoes! This wonderful customer service will win my business every time, so not only am I happy, but the company will enjoy repeat business from me in the future. Everyone wins! So don't be shy about letting a company know if their product breaks. It may be worth your time and theirs.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That kind of customer service always brings me back! I sent my Mother in-law a purse from LLBean and it got accidentially delivered to the wrong address (Mail fault, not LLBean) -- we never located it. I called LLBean and they promptly sent another one! No questions asked!!!