Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Cleaning

Fall cleaning in my opinion is just as important as spring cleaning. After all, you are about close up your home for the winter and who wants to be trapped inside with dusty air? I do not love to clean although I love a clean house, so I have to bribe myself into the annual fall clean-fest. This year I told myself I couldn't put out my fall decorations until the house was really, really clean. Several days of sweat and lots of Billy Joel and Keith Urban later, my decorations are up and my house is clean! (For the most part.) Here's a list of things to help you get started. Good luck gumshoe!
  • Pull out furniture and vacuum behind and under it. (I found old cobweb kingdoms behind mine!)
  • Open the windows while you clean to air things out
  • Clean your humidifiers and replace old filters
  • Wash your hardwoods & add essential oil to your brew for fun
  • Dust your computer monitor, keyboard, and tower
  • When you come across a messy drawer, attack it right away!
  • Wash your windows
  • Wipe down baseboards, trim, and cabinets
  • Clean your oven
  • Organize the pantry
  • Pull out the duvets and air them out before making up beds
  • Break out the flannel sheets!
  • Wipe down fan blades and light fixtures
  • Change air filters
  • Launder drapes and shower curtains
  • Test your heat before you actually need it. Better to find out now that it's not working than in a snowstorm!
  • Clean coffee makers and dishwashers by running through a cycle with vinegar while empty.
  • Spot clean carpets and rugs
  • Take a hot bath afterwards and stagger into bed
*I'll post later on my new favorite cleaning product. I'm sure many of you may already use it, but try to humor me anyway! =)

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I loved this post. Of course, I have yet to DO any of it... Maybe after Thanksgiving :0)