Thursday, August 5, 2010

More Christmas in July!

Ever wonder what to give your child's teacher, friend, or that family member that has everything? Here are a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing.

*I loved the comment from the last gift section with more ideas- keep them coming!

  • Dishtowel set- one year I bought plain white dishtowels and embellished them with red and green ribbon and sewed green ric-rac on in the shape of a Christmas tree. They were pretty, inexpensive, and personal!
  • Bulbs or seeds. Amaryllis and paperwhite bulbs are readily available around the holidays.
  • Homemade soaps
  • Homemade linen spray
  • Homemade bath salts
  • Decorate a whisk with a pretty ribbon; separate the wires slightly to fill with candy. Finish with a gift tag that says "We whisk you a merry Christmas!". (I know, I love corny puns!)
  • A few bottles of essential oil with instructions on different ways to use them.
  • A homemade jam sampler. I did this one year and included apple butter, zucchini relish, and cherry jam. It was a huge hit!
  • A local food item such as gourmet peanuts, local coffee, or candy.
  • Homemade bread with a jar of homemade jam.
  • Start herbs from seed in the fall. They'll be the right size to plant in a pot by Christmas for a lovely herb garden.

1 comment:

Tootie said...

1. Sign me up for a Christmas tree made with Reynold's Aluminum.
2. I love your gift ideas!
3. I saw a recipe today online for homemade facial scrub made with honey and almond powder. Just thought I'd pass that tidbit along.It sounded interesting AND delicious. It was on the hearts-at-home.org website.
4. keep up the great blogging!