Monday, February 22, 2010

Groceries!

Our grocery budget is $50-60 per week. When great deals are scarce and my $50 doesn't buy much, I just get the essentials and rely on the things that I have saved from better weeks. When deals are abundant, I buy extras and put it away for the inevitable "lean" grocery week. Grocery shopping is all about thinking ahead, but not just from week to week. Plan ahead by buying several of the same item when it's really cheap, even if you don't need it right now. It's a good feeling to use up a bottle of laundry detergent and not have to go out and pay $7 for a new bottle. By looking ahead and buying multiples when the price is right, you'll never have to be forced to pay through the nose!

This was a good grocery week at Kroger. Sales were not anything to write home about and I bought nothing on clearance. Today, coupons were the stars of the show. Here is what I got today for $53.88. By the way, I saved a whopping $31.00 by using my coupons and doubling up on Kroger and manufacturer's coupons!

No comments: