Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Snack attack

Since just about everyone in my house loves to eat, I'm always scrambling to pack snacks before we head out. Last week, I filled baggies with small portions of different snacks and kept them in a snack basket near the door. Now, we just grab a snack and go! The best part is that our 4 year old can get her own with no assistance required. I have to say that the snack basket has kept me from eating quick and unhealthy snacks and since the portions are small, it has also kept me from over eating!
*Some healthy snack ideas include: nuts, trail mix, popcorn, whole grain cereal, fruit leather, apples, bananas, dried fruit, muffins, and granola.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We've had a snack basket for years, filled with granola bars, trail mix and other acceptable pre-packaged munchies that the kids can get on their own!

Anonymous said...

HaHa. Looks like we were on the same page today. Take a look at my post! http://stayathomeadventures.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/snack-packs/