Monday, April 16, 2012

Rice Bowls

This little gem is a post from Susi the dietician. She has inspired me to have rice bowls tonight!

When making rice, I always add an extra cup to the pot. With the leftover rice already cooked, I have a night off from cooking – almost! As you may know, kids love to arrange their own plates at meals. With the re-heated leftover rice, we often have “rice bowls” or if you are a Chipotle fan you could call them “burrito bowls.” That means I clean out the fridge and call it fun! We often have a Tex-Mex theme using up avocado, lettuce, re-fried beans, leftover taco meat, cheese, salsa, olives etc. Because the offerings are all healthy, I don’t concern myself with whether or not my child ate some of everything!
                                                
         
*For a delicious and fast homemade re-fried bean recipe, see the “cooking” tab

No comments: