- Do a gift card "sweep". Collect all gift cards in your house and use those for buying gifts.
- Sell the gift cards on ebay for cash.
- Check out thrift stores and yard sales for gifts. Don't laugh, you can find brand new stuff!
- Use credit card rewards points for cash or more gift cards.
- Draw names for gift giving this year instead of buying each person a gift.
- Shop online. Free shipping is a big deal- it costs about $6 in gas just for me to go to the mall!
- Trade gift cards with a friend so you can shop your favorite stores.
- Sell items you can do without on ebay and use the cash to buy gifts.
Monday, December 9, 2013
Tips for smart shopping at Christmas!
It seems like everywhere I go, folks are talking about spending less money this Christmas. Here are a few ways to ease the strain on the ol' gift budget: