- Good news, readers: most cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months, so get baking while you have time!
- To freeze cookies, place in container in single layers with wax or parchment paper in between the layers.
- Meringue cookies do not freeze well.
- If you're decorating the cookies, ice them once they have thawed.
- When chopping sticky ingredients (dates, candied fruit, etc.) give the ingredients a quick spray of Pam to chop more easily. You can spray the knife blade too.
- For all of you royal icing fans, powdered egg whites are interchangeable with meringue powder.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Handy Dandy Baking Tips
Since Christmas baking is probably well underway, here are a few helpful tips to help things go smoothly.