Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sweet Endings

These little chocolate beauties are perfect for satisfying the after-dinner sweet cravings without the guilt. It's also a great opportunity to use up leftover chocolate chips, bars, and those assorted dried fruits and nuts languishing in your pantry!
Ingredients: good quality dark chocolate, dried fruit and nuts.
*My personal favorite combo is almonds and cherries.

Melt chocolate over double boiler till glossy and smooth. Add dried fruit and nuts.

Scoop out mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pop in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
Store at room temperature or fridge in a sealed container.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! My cabinet is holding all those ingredients too. I would much prefer to give the kids a treat like this as opposed to a piece of candy. Thanks!

Polly said...

Oh, I am SO making these!!

Polly said...

PS WHERE did you find Icelandic chocolate? I've seen many chocolates in my time, but that is new to me!