Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shred it

The following is a post from my deal-huntress queen sister, Susi:
 
On my husband's birthday list was a request for an office paper shredder. Being a deal hunter and knowing he does not care from whence a gift comes, I nosed around. First I tried Best Buy since I had $16 on a gift card. The cheapest shredder there was $70. Next I tried Amazon where the range was $30 - $200+ depending on what you wanted. Next I tried craigslist where I found small, basic shredders for $20 (and a long drive to get it) and nicer models for $50 and up. On a whim I checked out Goodwill where I found a like new cross cut shredder for $15. I also found that Goodwill tests all electric items before putting them on the shelf. They also have a no questions asked return policy for store credit, if you return the item within one week of buying (with the price tag and reciept). The equivalent shredder I bought at Goodwill sells for $65 on Amazon. Not bad!
 
 

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Who would love to receive a shredding machine as a birthday present? Well, that's his request. This machine is a big part of his work, so he has a valid reason why he wants to have it. I'm sure he's very glad once he saw it!

Ruby Badcoe @ Williams Data Management