Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Kid's Gift Idea

What kid wouldn't want to be a super hero for Christmas? For about $6, you can outfit your little one with a cape and mask. Here's one that we made for a friend:
For a small 4 year old, I cut a 24" X 26" rectangle and hemmed it.
Thread cording through the hem on one end to tie the cape around the neck.
Cut out and sew a design on the back.

For the mask, I traced a sleeping mask and used binding around the edges.
Sew on an elastic cord and you're done!

*Hint: you can also use a satin pillowcase for the same effect...and it's already hemmed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable...I so wish he could have been there today to open it so we all could have seen his face! :-)
-Meg

Jamie said...

You made it? Good grief, I bought one for John a few years ago and paid much more than that. You put me to shame, Emily! You're SO gifted!!!