Sunday, November 4, 2012

Quell the smell

After forgetting a to put the clothes in the dryer this week, one of the loads smelled somewhat off even after I had re-washed and dried it. I also was combating the less-than-lovely smell of soiled bibs that day and in an act of desperation, tossed some apple cider vinegar in the wash. After all, vinegar fixes everything, right? Well folks, good ol' vinegar took the smell right out of those clothes! I was using unscented detergent too and there was no trace of vinegar smell on the clean clothes. So the next time you have a malodorous load, toss about 1/2 cup of vinegar into the wash along with your detergent. Noses everywhere will thank you!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I am loving vinegar these days too! I mop with 1/2 cup in a gallon of hot water. It seems crazy to me that 1/2 cup in a washer full of laundry would help that much, but I am glad to know that it does. Great stuff!