Monday, July 25, 2011

Bacon lovers rejoice!

If you're in love with bacon, raise your hand! I know, I know, it's not the healthiest choice, but honestly when you think of that golden, crispy, salty crunch...ok I'll stop. Anyway, we eat BLTs all summer long without tiring of them. Since we don't normally eat much bacon, I've been thawing frozen bacon and cooking it every time we eat a BLT. (Which is surprisingly often these days!) I've tested a quick and easy solution to the problem and behold, it works!
  • Cook bacon in a single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet in the oven at 400* for 10-12 min.
  • Drain on paper towels.
  • Place bacon in single layers, separated by parchment or wax paper, into a freezer-safe container.
  • Freeze.
  • Now when you really want a slice of bacon and don't want the hassle of thawing or cooking it, just take it right out of the freezer.
*This is also exponentially cheaper than buying pre-cooked bacon!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tip! I tried it this morning and it could'nt be simpler. My favorite part was that my kitchen did not have a long lingering bacon smell.
Sus