Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Perfect Gift...

My mother-in-law loves lavender and since her birthday is in July, she's receiving a lavender-themed gift. Lavender sachets using lavender from my garden, room/linen spray, a bath soak, and homemade lavender-flecked soaps with custom-made labels are sure to delight and make her feel extra special! Homemade gifts are (in my opinion) a perfectly caring and personal gesture that is unmatched by any gift card. I hope this inspires you to try making a gift or two for those special people in your life! (I'll post how to make soap in a later blog.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I love lavender, too! Fantastic gift idea. Did you make the spray? I would love to know how to do that!
Barbara T.

Emily said...

Hi Barbara,

To make the spray, add several drops of essential oil to water and presto, you have a wonderful spray for linens, air freshener, or closets!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! :)
Barbara T.