Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tomato Ties

For those of you who don't know me, there is a small fact about me that you should know: I hate panty hose! I do not own a pair, nor do I ever wish to. I don't know if it's the feeling of my waist and legs being constricted or if it's the wrong color choice that turns legs into a garish orange hue, but I have always despised panty hose. Thanks, I had to get that out! (I feel much better, by the way.) Anyway, the point of this post is that there actually is a use for panty hose. Cut up those old nylons into strips and use to tie your tomatoes to their stakes. The nylon is soft, so it doesn't damage young stems and it also stretches, unlike traditional twine ties that cut into the plants.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My Granddad used to do that with his tomato plants! He never liked to wear panty hose either! ;)