Monday, January 30, 2012

It's finally here!

Hi everyone, after many microwave meals and plenty of dust, grout and paint, my kitchen redo is complete. I adore it. I am cooking like a fiend. Can't find me? Look for me in the kitchen...I'm probably stroking the countertop or gazing into my new deep sink in wonder. Anyway, if you are considering re-vamping your countertops but are looking for an beautiful but affordable option, consider wood countertops. Ikea sells wood butcher block countertops for a fraction of the cost of any other surface. Our entire countertop cost just $225.00! (Granite would have set us back $1,800, minimum.) It gets wet like any countertop, but so far I've had no issues whatsoever. Here's the finished product:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kitchen is beautiful! What time is dinner? :)

Polly said...

Love it!!! The countertops are so warm and beautiful!