Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nog

I love eggnog flavor. I do not like eggnog itself. This recipe is for those of us on either side of the eggnog fence. I've even known loathers of the frothy brew to partake of this pie with great relish. (No, I don't mean the condiment.) Our uncle Woody doesn't even like desserts, but now lays claim to an entire eggnog pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving! So without further ado, I give you the recipe for a killer Eggnog Pumpkin Pie.
*This is so easy to make- even kids can do it!

Eggnog Pumpkin Pie

1 (15oz) can pumpkin (not pie filling, just pumpkin)
1 1/4 cup eggnog
2/3 cup sugar (You can add less if you like your pie less sweet.)
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 unbaked pie crust

Combine all and bake at 375* for 60-65 minutes or til' no longer jiggly in the center.
I like to serve this with a dollop of Cool Whip on top with rum flavoring and nutmeg mixed in!

*Here's a quick substitution for pumpkin pie spice if you need it:
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

3 comments:

Brandy said...

You are so good! I was thinking, "I'll have to look up the sub for pumpkin pie spice." But, you had it right there for me! Can't wait to try this :0)

Brandy said...

Oh, by the way, something is up with the comment function on your blog. It asks for word verification, but does not show the funny looking word that you are supposed to type. I usually just type in my log in and hit enter. Then the funny word appears with an error saying I did not type it in. Sorry for the long complex comment, but I thought you might like to know in case others are not commenting because of it.

Emily said...

Hi Brandy,

I've removed the word verification function so hopefully commenting will be easier in the future. Thanks for your input!

-Emily