Friday, August 12, 2011

Watermelon Magic

I'm not the biggest watermelon fan, I'll admit it. But having been gifted a luscious ruby red melon from my mom, I decided to try the creative approach. Lo and behold, it worked! I actually loved it! It's refreshing, it's smooth, it's icy, it's: watermelon sorbet"ish". Not technically a sorbet, but a wonderful alternative that you must try. It's so simple and easy to make, you have no excuse!

Watermelon Freeze:
  • Place cut watermelon pieces on a cookie sheet and freeze. (Seedless melons make it easier)

  • Process in food processor til' smooth. (It will look chunky and chalky, but trust me it's not!) Let it sit in your serving dishes for a minute or two to get the juiciness back.
  • Eat with reckless abandon!
I added fresh lime juice to mine, which was delightful. And please ignore the condition of the withered lime in my photo. It's all I had left in my produce drawer!

*My thanks to Robert for growing this beauty and restoring my affection for this lovely fruit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this idea! What a great idea to keep the messy, sticky, drippy watermelon slices at bay!
Lita