Friday, March 26, 2010

Goodbye old man winter!

Winter here was brutal, with record breaking snowfall and frigid temperatures. I have never been so happy to see spring arrive! To celebrate spring’s arrival (We’re already 6 days in!) I’m going to share some fun ideas that I’ve incorporated into my home this year. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!


Cut spring flowers from the yard and place them in a glass vase. Dress it up by making a coil of the leaves from the plant and place into the bottom of the vase. Not only is it pretty, but the leaves help to hold the flowers in place.

 
 
 
Am I the only one who is more than just a little annoyed by the leftover strands of plastic Easter grass? Defying all logic (and my vacuum) those pesky little stinkers can be found in my house virtually any time of year! Make your own, custom paper grass in no time flat. Just throw some colored paper into your paper shredder, and out comes beautiful Easter grass! Use old scrapbook paper, cards, construction paper, whatever you can find. Get creative with different colors and textures! It's also recyclable. Pictured here is solid green cardstock. *Hint: this works best by using paper that is colored on both sides.
 
 
 
Display Easter candy in decorative glass canisters, vases, or baskets around the house. Those colorful foil-wrapped candies and jewel toned jelly beans are too pretty to sit around in a bag!

No comments: